Sigma annonce son 50 1.4 art

Démarré par vincent62, Janvier 07, 2014, 01:10:15

« précédent - suivant »

Verso92

Citation de: guidse14 le Juillet 07, 2014, 21:13:53
Tes f/4 70-200 AF-S et f/1.8 50 AF-D fonctionne comment sur ton D700 ?

Le 70-200, pas essayé. Le 50 passe nickel...

guidse14

Mistral75

Camera Labs a essayé le Sigma Art 50 mm f/1,4 DG HSM et l'a comparé avec :

- le Sigma 50 mm f/1,4 DG HSM
- le Nikkor AF-S 50 mm f/1,4 G
- le Nikkor AF-S 58 mm f/1,4 G
- le Canon EF 50 mm f/1,4 USM
- le Canon EF 50 mm f/1,2 L USM
- le Zeiss Otus Apo-Distagon T* 55 mm f/1,4

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sigma_50mm_f1-4_DG_HSM_Art/index.shtml

Good points
Very good to excellent performance across a high-resolution full-frame sensor even wide open.
Fast and reliable auto-focus.
Minimal light fall-off for an f1.4 lens.
Solid build quality.
Lower price than professional f1.4 lenses.
Chance to fine-tune using optional USB dock.
Chance to swap mounts (at a cost) should you change systems.

Bad points
Higher price than basic 50mm f1.4 lenses.
Large and heavy.
Not weather-sealed.
Some field-curvature makes stopping down mandatory for high-quality shots of flat (or distant) subjects.
Outlining sometimes makes the background Bokeh a bit nervous.
Greater Longitudinal Chromatic Aberrations than top models.

The Sigma ART 50mm f1.4 is without a doubt the best standard lens with autofocus for Canon or Nikon bodies. You'd expect it to out-perform the cheaper Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM and Nikkor 50mm f1.4G lenses considering it's roughly twice the price, but the big surprise is how it also delivers better performance in most aspects than the Canon EF 50mm f1.2L USM and the Nikkor 58mm f1.4 despite both these lenses coming-in at almost twice the price.

When you also consider Sigma offers a service (paid) to switch mounts should you swap camera systems in the future, there really isn't any reason not to get the 50mm ART if you can afford it. Once again it offers a step-up from the cheaper models and was also preferrable to Canon and Nikon's premium standard lenses in our tests. The only downsides are greater longitudinal chromatic aberrations than the more expensive rivals and the fact the body isn't weather-sealed.

So it's the best standard lens with AF under 2000 USD, but what if you can stretch even higher and you're also willing to manually focus? Can the Sigma 50mm f1.4 ART compete against the mighty Zeiss Otus costing three to four times the price? The short answer is it actually comes very close, but the Otus remains the optical champion whatever else you've read. Just look at our results pages: the Otus is sharper in the far corners, is better at avoiding lateral chromatic aberrations, and suffers from less coma and virtually no field curvature. The Otus is optically superior. But whether this performance is worth three to four times the price is a decision only you can make - and remember it'll also involve manual focusing which rules it out for many photographers.

So the new Sigma 50mm f1.4 ART is a truly excellent lens which comfortably out-performs anything costing even twice the price. It sets a new standard for 50mm lenses and easily earns our Highly Recommended award.

Mistral75

Essai comparé du Sigma Art 50 mm f/1,4 DG HSM et du Zeiss Otus Apo-Distagon T* 55 mm f/1,4 par Richard Sibley et Andrew Sydenham pour What Digital Camera :

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/roundups/lens/542551/1/zeiss-otus-55mm-f-1-4-vs-sigma-50mm-f-1-4.html (5 pages)

"While I fully appreciate that few, if any of you, are going to withdraw £3,170 from the bank and head out to buy the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens, I hope this test has shown that there are occasions where differences in image quality are not proportional to price.

There comes a point where differences are so slight that, even if you were considering spending £3,170 on the Zeiss Otus lens, you may stop to think about whether you actually need it, and whether the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens is actually more than good enough.

The Zeiss lens needs to be manually focused, and while this is a joy to do with the large focusing ring, it does take time, good eyesight and for absolute precision it will also require a camera with a good viewfinder or a 100% magnification live view screen. The Zeiss lens does resolve more detail than the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 lens at both the centre and the edges, but not enough to warrant the average enthusiast even contemplating buying it.

In summary, the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens is superb. It really is a triumph of lens design. It is going to take a lot of hard work for any manufacturer to better it, and for this reason it has to be awarded five stars. However, whether or not you should buy one is another question, and one to which I think the answer is obvious.

If you want to try the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4, I would suggest that you rent it for a weekend.

As for the Sigma 50mm f/1.4, it also is a triumph. Everyone in the AP technical team has been impressed with the lens, and a few have already added it to their own wish lists. Sigma's designers have managed to match the central image quality of the Zeiss lens, but at a quarter of the price. And for that reason it, too, scores five stars, and, like the Zeiss Otus, is worthy of an AP Gold Award.
"

Mistral75

Essai du Sigma Art 50 mm f/1,4 DG HSM par Ron Martinsen, incluant une comparaison avec divers autres objectifs :

Partie I : http://www.ronmartblog.com/2014/05/review-sigma-50mm-f14-art-seriesis-it.html

Partie II : http://www.ronmartblog.com/2014/05/sigma-50mm-f14-art-series-vs-canon.html

"Overall I think the Internet buzz might have exceeded reality a bit, but it's a fact that the SIGMA 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a fantastic lens. If I had the spare cash I'd probably get one of these – it's that good.

If you've used SIGMA lenses in the past and been disappointed, then let me assure you that this is NOTHING like the SIGMA lenses of old. This is a high quality lens that is built like a Zeiss and reminds me more of that level of quality than older SIGMA lenses. In fact, when I hold this in my hand next to my Canon 50mm f/1.2L I feel that the SIGMA is better built – and that's something I NEVER thought I'd ever say about a SIGMA lens.

Yes, SIGMA you've made a believer out of me – the new silver dot Art Series lenses are are great stuff and worthy enough for the best of photographers – even those with unlimited budgets. What's more, they are also still a reasonable value for what you get too!  As a result, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this lens.
"

GolanTrevise

Dire que je ne trépigne pas d'impatience en attendant les 1er test du 85 Art serait mentir ... :D :D

Victor

J'ai bien fait de m'en offrir un pour remplacer mon 50 F1,8 G Nikon.

guidse14

Quelques photos en fermant un peu (pas trop, faut déconner non plus  ;D)
f/6.3 :

guidse14

J'ai tellement pris l'habitude du 35mm que là, j'ai manqué de recule  :P (ou l'éléphant est trop gros  :o)

f/5.6 :

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

GolanTrevise

Merci pour ces exemples qui ne font que me conforter dans mon choix.

Piqué et Bokeh de Ouf.
Quel Caillou :)

Guidse14, où est donc ce pachyderme ?

vince_51

guidse14

Citation de: GolanTrevise le Août 03, 2014, 10:33:55
Merci pour ces exemples qui ne font que me conforter dans mon choix.

Piqué et Bokeh de Ouf.
Quel Caillou :)

Guidse14, où est donc ce pachyderme ?

C'est tout simplement ce qui se fait de mieux en 50mm avec AF  :)

Et vince_51  a une bonne mémoire : c'est à Nantes  ;)

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14

guidse14