Essai du Tamron SP 24-70 mm f/2,8 Di VC USD G2 (Modèle A032) sur Canon EOS 5D Mark III et EOS 50D par Arkadiusz Olech et Maciej Latałło pour LensTip.com :Tamron SP 24-70 mm f/2.8 VC USD G2 review - LensTip.com
Points forts :
- fût solide
- excellente qualité d'image au centre
- bonne qualité d'image sur les bords du capteur APS-C
- pas de problème d'aberration chromatique longitudinale
- aberration chromatique latérale légère, mieux corrigée que chez les rivaux
- coma modérée
- faible vignetage sur capteur APS-C
- bonne performance en contre-jour
- autofocus silencieux, rapide et précis
- astigmatisme léger
- 5 ans de garantie (en Pologne).
Points faibles :
- le piqué sur les bords au voisinage de f/2,8 aurait dû être meilleur
- vignetage élevé en 24x36
- sensible distorsion en moustache aux plus courtes focales.
The competition in the 24-70 mm f/2.8 segment has become really fierce. Independent producers such as Tamron, Sigma and Tokina have presented very well-made models which can compete successfully with brand name, more expensive products.
In the case of the Tamron SP 24–70 mm f/2.8 VC USD G2, tested by us here, we really enjoyed the new coatings which significantly improved the performance against bright light, making the Tamron a real leader in this category. The possible modifications of aspherical elements was also a good idea because it improved the appearance of out-of-focus images and decreased spherical aberration. Still, the situation of the new lens is not entirely rosy – we regret Tamron didn’t improve the efficiency of optical stabilization as well which, instead of declared 5 EV, amounts to just 3 EV.
The situation on the market has become really interesting. If you don’t feel like paying high prices for Canon and Nikon products you can always save a bit and still enjoy good image quality provided by lenses produced by third-party manufacturers. The Tokina is the cheapest but it comes without optical stabilization. Price tags of the Tamron and the Sigma are practically the same. Previously the older Tamron model was a bit of a loser, now, because of the G2 versions improvements, its position seems to be distinctly better. Of course every prospective buyer has to assess the results in particular categories on their own and decide what is most important for them personally.