Olympus vend sa division Imaging au fonds d'investissement JIP

Démarré par Mistral75, Juin 24, 2020, 09:30:56

« précédent - suivant »

Mistral75

Setsuya Kataoka, responsable de la stratégie chez Olympus Imaging, confirme que la nouvelle société OM Digital Solutions conservera l'usage de la marque Olympus le 1er janvier mais pour une certaine durée seulement, qui n'aurait pas encore été décidée.

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1293088.html

Crinquet80

Citation de: rico7578 le Novembre 16, 2020, 16:03:30
Et j'oubliais un capteur Time Of Flight longue distances pour améliorer sensiblement l'autofocus, et hop le m43 sera au top des technologies ! :)

Lire le post #501 de Mistral75 , pour plus de précisions sur le futur d'Olympus !  ;)

Mistral75

Olympus has completed the transfer to Japan Industrial Partners (JIP) - Photo Rumors

Deux points qui ont attiré mon attention :

• La nouvelle adresse du site web d'OM Digital Solutions : https://om-digitalsolutions.com (il ne sera accessible que demain 5 janvier). Pas de mention du nom d'Olympus.

• Les effectifs de la nouvelle société : environ 2.000 personnes. Olympus Imaging en comptait 4.270 au 31 mars 2020 et 3.031 au 30 septembre.

Caulre

Goblin

Pas forcement viré. On parlait de transfert interne vers Olympus Medical. C'était d'ailleurs un des points inquiétude majeurs - a quel point la coquille Olympus - JIP sera pleine ou vide.

Mistral75

Citation de: Caulre le Janvier 04, 2021, 20:20:13
Plus de la moité du personnel viré !!!
Citation de: Goblin le Janvier 04, 2021, 21:58:03
Pas forcement viré. On parlait de transfert interne vers Olympus Medical. C'était d'ailleurs un des points inquiétude majeurs - a quel point la coquille Olympus - JIP sera pleine ou vide.

Le gros des départs / reclassements semble concerner des effectifs hors Japon (usine au Vietnam et filiales locales).

• effectifs au 31 mars 2020 : 4.270 dont 448 au Japon et 3.822 hors Japon
  • effectifs au 30 septembre 2020 : 3.031 dont 394 au Japon et 2.637 hors Japon

JCCU

Citation de: Goblin le Janvier 04, 2021, 21:58:03

Si les effectifs sont divisés par 2, on en conclut que la coquille est moitié pleine ou moitié vide?  :D

JCCU

Citation de: Mistral75 le Janvier 04, 2021, 22:03:07
Le communiqué de presse en anglais :

https://www.olympus-global.com/news/2021/contents/nr02010/nr02010_00000.pdf

L'usine du Vietnam dont ils parlent, c'était une sine dédiée photo ou partagée avec le médical et d'autres activités?

Nikojorj

Citation de: Mistral75 le Janvier 04, 2021, 18:10:46

• La nouvelle adresse du site web d'OM Digital Solutions : https://om-digitalsolutions.com (il ne sera accessible que demain 5 janvier). Pas de mention du nom d'Olympus.

Le site est en ligne, mais c'est une coquille presque vide, avec product/support qui renvoie vers... https://asia.olympus-imaging.com/

Pipo2A

Mistral75

Citation de: JCCU le Janvier 05, 2021, 09:13:42
L'usine du Vietnam dont ils parlent, c'était une sine dédiée photo ou partagée avec le médical et d'autres activités?

C'est un gigantesque complexe multiproduits. Par rapport à l'usine chinoise dédiée à Imaging, un des intérêts pour Imaging, en décroissance, était de pouvoir bénéficier de capacités évolutives à la baisse, sachant que Medical est en croissance et donc preneur de mètres carrés supplémentaires au fil du temps.

Mistral75

Un intéressant entretien entre Setsuya Kataoka, anciennement patron de la stratégie de la branche Imaging d'Olympus, ici présenté comme CTO (Chief Technology Officer, directeur technique) d'OM Digital Solutions, et le photographe Koichi Akagi, un proche d'Olympus en général et de feu Yoshihisa Maitani en particulier :

https://dot.asahi.com/dot/2021020300092.html

C'est un peu long pour tout traduire moi-même aussi je vous recopie la traduction automatique en anglais, dont j'ai manuellement corrigé les erreurs les plus criantes.

What will become of the Olympus camera company? Photographer Koichi Akagi talks directly to an executive of the new company!

What kind of company is the newly established camera manufacturer "OM Digital Solutions", which has become independent from Olympus on January 1, 2021? What will happen to the "Olympus" camera brand? Will there be any new products in the future? Koichi Akagi, a photographer well known to camera fans, spoke to CTO Setsuya Kataoka. Incidentally, the two men are old acquaintances.

--I was worried about what I would do if Mr. Kataoka didn't join the new company. After all, I think it's important for a camera to be "personable", or to be able to "see the person" who is passionate about the product. As one of the managers of the new company, you are also the CTO, but are you also involved in development as an engineer?

Kataoka: Yes, as Chief Technology Officer, I oversee all aspects of development and manufacturing.

The name "Olympus" means a lot to us.

--How did you decide on the name of the newly-launched OM Digital Solutions?

Kataoka: We considered a number of different ideas, but we wanted a name that would convey to the public that we would be independent from Olympus, and that we would continue to operate our imaging business. Well, we still have the "Maitani Colour" (laughs).

----Mr.  (Yoshihisa) Maitani the creator of the OM system, which began with the famous OM-1 (originally called the M-1), launched in 1972.. I have heard a rumour that O stands for Olympus and M for Maitani-san.

Kataoka: When Maitani was developing the OM system, he said, for example, that he wanted to create something that had never existed before, and that it didn't matter how big the camera was as long as it took good pictures. And we're still making products in line with those ideas. In short, with Micro Four Thirds, you can take your camera to places where it was previously too heavy to carry, and you can shoot handheld. You can take pictures even when it rains. In the past and today, the value of our products has not changed. We thought that "OM" was the best way to convey the message that we would continue our business.

--However, many users, including myself, are concerned about how long we will be able to use the "Olympus" logo. In extreme cases, will we be able to use it forever? It's a shock to users when the brand name of a camera changes.

Kataoka: At least for the time being, we will continue to use "Olympus". We are proud of the fact that we have nurtured "Olympus" as an imaging brand. But is it better to leave Olympus as an entity and continue to use the name Olympus? That's a question we'll have to consider carefully.

--As a camera brand, the name "Olympus" is very significant. For example, "Pentax" is still the feeling of "buying a Pentax camera" even now that it has become Ricoh Imaging. On the other hand, there is the idea like Panasonic's "Lumix", which has a separate company name and brand name. There are also examples of camera systems with the same mount that have changed from "Minolta" to "Konica Minolta" and "Sony".

Kataoka That's right. In any case, we have no intention of making a brand change that will cause anxiety to our customers.

We will more simply make products and sell them to customers.

--While the camera market has been shrinking recently, you have launched a new company; can you tell us how this came about?

Kataoka: First of all, I want to be clear about the reason why we established this new company. Up until now, we have been making imaging systems under the umbrella of Olympus. We wanted to find the best way to make that system sustainable. We decided that it would be better to work independently from Olympus.

If we stayed within Olympus, we were still a division, and if Olympus decided to quit the camera business, there was nothing we could do.

This is because the camera market is shrinking. It is difficult to increase sales and grow the company in the current situation, and not only for us. In order to be profitable, we need to cut costs, and to do this we need to make structural changes.

Olympus is now becoming more and more a "Medtech Company", i.e. a company focusing on medical equipment. This means that the manufacturing processes of a medical equipment manufacturer are strengthened, and the imaging business has to follow the company's rules.

In other words, it is difficult within Olympus to change the content of the organisation in line with changes in the camera market. For example, even if we want to lighten the supply chain, we have to use Olympus' own bases and there are other restrictions. It is difficult to make bold structural reforms.

We came to the conclusion that it would be difficult to keep the business alive within Olympus if such structural reforms were not carried out, and that this would cause inconvenience to our customers.

If the camera market shrinks, we will have to create a structure that allows us to more simply make products, deliver them, and sell them to customers. In order to create a structure that would allow us to do this, we thought it would be better to become independent from Olympus and to be able to do various things by ourselves, so that we could continue our business. That's how we see it.

Everyone was prepared to carve out the organization.

--I see, now I understand the reason for the establishment of the new company. So what exactly was the process?

Kataoka: In the course of looking at ways to continue our imaging business, we considered a number of different options, including downsizing the division, spinning it off internally, and carving it out under the umbrella of the fund we've chosen.

In the midst of all this, we were able to reach an agreement with Japan Industrial Partners (JIP). The basic agreement was reached in June last year. From there we worked out the details, in September we signed the contract, and here we are today.

JIP is very good at taking a business out of a company and turning it around. To give you an example, they carved out Sony's PC business, VAIO, and made it independent. They don't do the kind of thing that you might imagine with a fund, where you buy a business and then sell it in pieces. They wanted to create a fund that one could work with over time.

We looked at a number of options, and JIP seemed to be the most suitable partner, and they also said they would be happy to work with us. It was a good fit for both of us.

It is not easy to create an organisation that can respond to changes in the market, even if you simply "spin off" within the company. Instead, we decided that it would be better to work with JIP, who had a lot of knowledge about independence.

In fact, we became independent under JIP, but there was a huge amount of work involved. We had to set up a whole new infrastructure. I don't think we could have done such a big organizational change as a mere "spin-off".

We had to be prepared to carve out the organization, and that's why we were able to do it. I realized that it is difficult to make structural reforms that involve real pain. That's why I think we made the right choice.

--Do you think that you and JIP will be able to work together closely in the future?

Kataoka: Of course, the imaging business has been in the red for the past few years, so the first thing we need to do is stop the bleeding. It is checked with strict eyes.  However, I am glad that we made the right choice because JIP does not tell us to follow their instructions from one to ten, but to think together.

Mistral75

La suite de l'entretien entre les deux hommes :

https://dot.asahi.com/dot/2021020300094.html

What kind of new camera and lens products does the new Olympus aim to produce? Interview with an executive of the new company.

Where is the newly established camera manufacturer OM Digital Solutions, which became independent from Olympus on 1 January 2021, headed? What is the future of the camera brand "Olympus"? This is the second part of an interview in which photographer Koichi Akagi talks to CTO Setsuya Kataoka.

The number of employees to be reduced by about half compared to the previous imaging division

--According to a news release, Olympus established OM Digital Solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary on the 1st of last month. On the same day, 95% of the shares of the new company were transferred to a holding company (OJ Holdings) established by JIP (Japan Industrial Partners). In other words, the new company became independent from Olympus as a new company owned by that holding company.

Kataoka: That's exactly what happened. As an independent company, we have everything we need to carry on our imaging business. Development, production and sales. In addition, we have human resources, general affairs and accounting, which used to be our head office departments.

The number of employees has been reduced by about half compared to the previous division. Our global workforce, including the Vietnam plant where we manufacture and assemble our products, is approximately 2,000. Of these, about 280 are in Japan.

By the way, until now, the Vietnam factory has been mainly producing imaging and medical products. So this time, we have established a new company, Imaging Vietnam, as a subsidiary of the new company. We are now able to communicate with each other more smoothly, and we are able to adapt to market trends in a more flexible manner.

In the imaging business, lenses are the key, so we have had a lot of optical designers come to work for us. However, we have reduced the number of people in the development department as a whole. Of course, this is partly in response to the shrinking camera market, but I also believe that the future is an era of open innovation, of manufacturing through external collaboration. Of course, we will continue to develop our own core technologies and product points.

We have created a business structure that can withstand the Corona disaster and fluctuations in the camera market.

--This is a very difficult question to answer, but if the company fails to return to profitability, will it be sold by JIP?

Kataoka: When we became independent from Olympus, we lightened the structure of the company considerably. We have created a structure that can withstand the current Corona disaster and fluctuations in the camera market. We have changed our business structure so that we can make a profit in line with our plans, which are not too unreasonable. So you can rest assured that we will be able to achieve this.

However, we have to ask ourselves how much profit we will make next year. We are not in a position to give you any specific information about how much we will make next year, or what will happen if we lose money.

We will, of course, keep our costs down, and on top of that, we will make sure that our sales and balance of payments are in the black. Then we will use the profits to invest in the next step and grow the company little by little. That's our basic attitude.

--How do you see the camera market and consumer trends changing in the future?

Kataoka: I believe that photography will continue to have value as a hobby. Neither the value nor the people will disappear. I believe that it is the camera, not the smart phone, that will take care of this.

--I think that the establishment of the new company is a very big turning point, but if you've come this far, there's no need to stick to Micro Four Thirds anymore, is there?

Kataoka: I think that as the camera market becomes truly supported by the hobbyist segment, products will be divided into major brands and others. The products that survive in this market will be the best systems that meet the demands of the people who want to take this kind of picture. In this sense, we would like to survive by meeting the needs of our customers with the values and features that we perceive in Micro Four Thirds.

Thanks to your support, the Micro Four Thirds system has achieved the No.1 position* in the domestic market in 2020 in terms of the share of units by lens mount. I believe that this is proof that the Micro Four Thirds system is needed, and we will continue to expand the system.

*Based on BCN ranking data (specification category: interchangeable lens type) for January/December 2020, according to the company.

--But if the Micro Four Thirds camera market becomes smaller, is it possible that semiconductor manufacturers will stop making sensors?

Kataoka: I don't think there's any need to worry about that, because we order the sensor, pay the development costs, and they make the sensor.

Developing lenses that will change the way you shoot

--I think that there are some lenses that are unique to Micro Four Thirds and that are not possible with full size lenses. There was a bright lens with an f/2 aperture in the Four Thirds series, but is it possible to make a product like that?

Kataoka: I think that lenses are what will differentiate camera systems in the future. If you compete only on the basis of the size of the body alone, there won't be much difference. In fact, it doesn't really make much sense. In other words, if the lens is big, it doesn't matter whether the body is a little lighter or smaller. On this basis, we want to produce lenses that will convince our customers that Micro Four Thirds lenses can do this.

--(Looking at the new lens in front of him) In that sense, the compact size and light weight of this super-telephoto zoom, the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO, is astonishing. And of course, the picture quality must be amazing.

Kataoka: This lens combines mobility and high image quality to enable handheld super-telephoto photography. I think it will provide new value in wild bird and other telephoto photography. A product with a similar concept is the all-in-one zoom lens M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO. In short, we are creating products that would not be possible if we tried to do so with full-frame lenses. We can't do this with every lens, but we do want to plan lenses that we think will change the way people shoot by using them.

--On the other hand, I am not satisfied with the fact that full-frame lenses are still ahead in terms of standard and wide-angle lenses. Of course, I don't know if they will sell in large numbers, but I think there is a need for such products.

Kataoka After all, we've made the company so small (laughs). We have a lot of things we want to do. However, we have limited funds and human resources, so we have to prioritise what we want to do. Last year, we were able to release this lens thanks to the hard work of our development and manufacturing teams, while we were working on the carve-out. From now on, we have to settle the company down. I would like to think broadly about what we will do in this context.

--Is there any chance that you could produce a camera like the PEN-F that would be profitable, if not a hit?

Kataoka: I think it is possible. The worst thing you can do is to sell a product that has a high level of appeal at a low price because you don't have confidence in it. If you do that, you won't make any profit at all because the production volume is so small. If you do it, sell it at a fair price. Products for hobbyists are not produced in large numbers, but the numbers themselves can vary a lot. If we can properly find out what they are, I think there is a possibility that we can produce it.

Will there be any new camera bodies or lenses in the near future?

--It's all about performance, design, build quality, feel and so on, but now that the company has become more compact, it would be nice to see some distinctive products. But for the time being, shouldn't we expect new products?

Kataoka: No, not at all (all laugh). This is a carve-out for us to continue to provide value to our customers, so it's not just about making a living for ourselves. If that were the only reason, we would stop developing new products for the time being and just sell them. But that's not the point of having a carve-out. In order to provide value to our customers, we believe that it is our mission to sell the same products and provide the same services as before, but also to introduce new products. --Therefore...... they will come out!

--Oh, that's a strong word (laughs). Can we expect them to be released before the end of the year?

Kataoka: Within the year...... I can't give you a time frame, but we are working hard on it. I get angry if I talk too much but, at the very least, we'll continue to release products that will make people feel glad that we've continued to make cameras even after establishing a new company. Naturally, there will be more than one product (Akagi: Oh my!). Some of these are products that include such special features that you'll say "ooh" and "ahh" over them.

--I'm so happy. I'm really looking forward to that.

Mistral75

De ce long texte je retiens avant tout la considération stratégique suivante :

• Les objectifs sont le facteur différenciant. Il convient par conséquent de les concevoir en interne. C'est pourquoi OM Digital Solutions a gardé un grand nombre d'ingénieurs opticiens d'Olympus Imaging, alors même qu'ils ont réduit les effectifs totaux de R&D.

• A l'inverse, les boîtiers et accessoires peuvent bénéficier d'un recours, partiel ou total, à la sous-traitance pour leur conception et leur fabrication [qui pourrait aller dans certains cas jusqu'à commercialiser des produits ODM, comme les Olympus Tough ou... les ordinateurs Vaio]

Mistral75

Comme d'autres constructeurs, OM Digital Solutions a diffusé une vidéo à l'occasion du salon CP+ qui se tient en ligne et a commencé aujourd'hui :

CP+2021『オリンパスを受け継ぐ、OMデジタルソリューションズの想い』 - YouTube

Digital Camera Life a rédigé un compte rendu des principaux points :

OMデジタル MFT宣言 フラッグシップ機を含めロードマップは計画通りに 我々は自由 デジカメライフ

C'est assez long donc je vais me contenter de recopier la traduction automatique en anglais.

OM Digital statement of intent

We have decided to become independent from Olympus to ensure that our customers continue to receive attractive products.
    With the support of Japan Industrial Partners (JIP), we will continue to develop and market new products as planned.

Micro Four Thirds Declaration

We are committed to continuing with the Micro Four Thirds system.
    Although the company has changed and the name has changed, the underlying development philosophy will be retained.
    The philosophy of Yonetani, who developed OM and PEN, has been handed down from film to digital to mirrorless.
    The new company will continue to expand the Micro Four Thirds system based on this philosophy.

OM Digital: Origin of the company name and product line

The "OM" in the company name does not mean that we specialize in the "OM-D".
    We will also continue to offer "PEN", "Tough", "IC Recorder" and "Professional Dictation Products (medical, legal, financial and government software)" mainly overseas.
    OM" is the starting point for all our ideas.
    OM" stands for the attitude of always challenging and creating new things.
    The "M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO" is the embodiment of our ideas and commitment, and we are very grateful that the response and orders have exceeded our expectations.
    We are very confident that many of our customers support our ideas and systems.

The roadmap is on track

Although it has taken some time for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO to be delivered, development and production is proceeding according to plan.
    We will continue to introduce attractive lenses and cameras this year in line with the lens roadmap we updated last summer.

We will create new value.

We have talked about the development philosophy that we have inherited from Olympus, but this does not mean that we will simply continue to make the same products as before.
    We will continue to create new value while maintaining our philosophy and attitude.
    We are not optimistic about this market, but technology will continue to evolve.
    The evolution of devices such as sensors and engines, as well as advances in control and image processing, will enable new styles of photography.
    New technologies such as AI will also become important.
    Our compact and lightweight systems are already equipped with powerful IBIS, high-resolution shots and subject-recognition autofocus, and we are proud of the fact that they are helping to expand the scope of photography for photographers.
    We are not satisfied with this, and we are always looking ahead.
    For the sake of our loyal customers, we are committed to taking over what we can and to taking on new challenges that will enhance the value we offer.

We cannot say for how long or forever, but we will continue to use the Olympus logo for the time being.

We will continue to use the Olympus product name for the time being as a message to our customers who have been loyal to our products (our manufacturing stance will not change).
    We are not yet at a stage where we can talk about how long we will continue to use the Olympus name, or for how long, or for how long.
    For the time being, we have permission to use the Olympus name, and we will continue to do so.

Direction of product development and technology

It's not about technology for technology's sake, but about expanding the scope of photography and being able to take pictures that couldn't be taken before.
    It is impossible to take a good picture unless the original image is good, so we want to continue to produce "good lenses", not just good performance, but good lenses that remove the limitations that have prevented us from taking pictures before.
    We will continue to pursue the areas of image processing and image recognition.
    We will continue to develop computational photography, or digital technology, which makes it easier to take hand-held photographs that previously required a variety of techniques.
    We are currently working on various preparations for this, so please look forward to it.
    It's not research for research's sake, we have a product in mind and we're working towards it.

We are independent and free to make our own decisions.

It would be a lie to say that we have not been constrained in some way or another when it comes to delivering added value.
    From now on we are one company, so there are no restrictions.
    On the other hand, there are resources that were allowed because we were a large company (Olympus), and of course, as an independent company, we can't afford to lose money.
    We can decide where to spend our budget, where to cut back, and what to offer as a result.
    We are all thinking about how we can provide new value within a new framework.

We want to use our technology in different fields. We want to work with different partners.

We want to work with a variety of partners, to see what we can offer as a manufacturer on top of the cameras and lenses.
    We want to be involved in photographic culture.
    We would like to be able to decide what we want to do in this area.
    We have optical technology, digital technology and audio technology, and we are interested in whether we can apply them to other fields as a new company.
    At the time of Olympus, it was difficult to make progress, but from now on we can do anything, so we can make use of our optical, digital and audio technologies in different fields and genres.
    If necessary, we will join forces with various partners to create new value, and we want to do this proactively.
    Until now, we have needed permission from Olympus.

M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO - About the supply shortage

It's not that we can't meet demand, it's not that there are defects.
    We can only produce a limited number of products per day and are unable to deliver them
    We want to make it clear that there are no quality problems.
    The lens contains 28 elements in 18 groups and has a focal length of up to 1000mm (35mm equivalent), which means that the requirements for each individual component are high.
    The optical axis and other aspects of the lens are extremely sensitive, and the construction of the lens is very precise.
    As this is a flagship lens, quality cannot be compromised.
    This is why we can only make a limited number of lenses per day.
    We are steadily producing a fixed amount of lenses, so if you wait, you can be sure that they will be available and that they will be of good quality.
    We cannot increase production immediately, but we hope that you will wait.

Message from the 150-400mm development team

The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO is not only a lens with high specifications, it is also a lens that has been developed with a great deal of care by our development team.
    We tend to focus on things like the 1000mm lens and the 8-step image stabilization, but we also put a lot of thought into the operability of the lens.
    We've made adjustments down to the last millimetre, and we hope you'll feel the same attention to detail when you hold the lens in your hands.

A number of new products, including a flagship model, have been hinted at and will be launched in the near future.

I can't give you a specific date.
    We would like to launch not just one, but various series, lenses, the next flagship, etc., with not too much space between them.
    We want to launch products that people are really happy to use.
    This is not just enthusiasm, we are making progress on a schedule.
    We hope you enjoy it!

Although no new products were announced for CP+2021, we'll be keeping an eye on this year's roadmap.

Caulre

Bon apparemment, avec de plus faible moyens, ils continuent, c'est déjà ça !
Attendre et voir la suite !

sauveur.13

Bon, je vais faire une traduction automatique en français. ;D

HEXE

Palomito

J'ai l'impression qu'ils n'ont pas dans l'idée de produire du petit et compact en premier lieu. S'ils veulent produire des "good lenses", on peut imaginer qu'ils visent plutôt le haut de gamme et poursuivre le développement de la gamme pro.

Caulre

Pour le moment, ils sont seuls sur le créneau du m4/3, les compères de Pana ne font pas grand chose. Peut-être que l'un d'eux ramassera le flambeau du petit et qualitatif. Mais, j'ai un doute quand même. Avec la situation économique de la photo et la crise du Covid 19, le moment est plutôt mal choisi l
j'espère que le Covid finira par disparaître... ! Après, il reste la crise économique de la photo ! Là on ne va pas faire de miracle, il ne va pas y avoir, par enchantement, la disparition des téléphones portables, Hihihihi ! ;D

asa100

Attendons la sortie du fameux boîtier avec effet "wow". Je viens de lire que Pana prévoit aussi de sortir un zoom MFT "révolutionnaire" qu'ils disent.
Le M4/3 va devenir un système magique. :-)

Zaphod

S'ils appliquaient certains procédés de smartphone à leurs appareils, ça pourrait permettre un step qualititatif.
Quand je vois ce que mon iphone arrive à sortir en "dng trafiqué" (déja dématricé car il combine "intelligemment" plusieurs prises de vues), avec son capteur minuscule, en appliquant le même type de recette aux capteurs micro 4/3 ça pourrait donner de super trucs.

Mais bon, j'en doute... ça nécessiterait des investissements, probablement des partenariats avec un "ennemi", et des processeurs plus puissants.

Olympus le fait déjà un peu quand ils font du live composite ou de la haute définition en bougeant le capteur... faudrait pousser plus loin.
(mais ça n'est valable bien sur que si c'est dispo en RAW)

Palomito

Du point de vue spec liste, Olympus est quand même déjà bien placé. Ce qu'il y aurait à améliorer selon moi :
-le viseur (plus d'option de réglage et plus de définition)
-suivi AF (on y revient toujours) (réglage AF plus fin également)
-écran pivotable sur 4 axes
-assemblage de panorama par balayage
-un peu plus d'Art Filters (ou plus d'options pour modifier les existants)

Parce que pour le reste : haute résolution à main levée, stab ultra performante, anti poussière ultra performant, live composite, pro capture, vitesse max d'obturation, etc... c'est déjà plus que bien.